It is a sad fact of life that “specialist” cards such as medical greyscale cards have often got a lot more undetected bugs than “consumer” cards which are tested on a far wider range of systems, and this particularly affects their DirectDraw driver implementations. Barco monitors seem to have the most problems, but the same effects (e.g. white screen) can be seen with others also.
There are 4 suggestions:
- Make sure that you get the latest Barco driver update
- Ensure that the Barco is set to a static greyscale palette mode (this should be available in the driver configuration somewhere)
Try adding the following DicomObjects registry value:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Medical Connections/DicomObjects/StaticPalette (DWORD) : value = 1
If all else fails, try the following registry value (with and without the one above)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Medical Connections/DicomObjects/DirectDraw (DWORD) : value = 0
(4) is the most likely to work, but will have the most affect on performance, so 1, 2 or 3 would be better if they work.